The ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems (TiiS)
(Latest update: Wednesday, August 13th, 2014)
TiiS (pronounced “T double-eye S”) is an ACM journal for research about intelligent systems that people interact with.
The journal publishes articles on research concerning the design, realization, or evaluation of interactive systems that incorporate some form of machine intelligence.
- the intelligent technology,
- the interaction of users with the system, or
- both aspects at once.
Most Recent News
- Opportunity for TiiS authors to present at an ACM IUI conference: A cooperation agreement has been worked out between ACM TiiS and the steering committee of the ACM conference series on Intelligent User Interfaces. This agreement ensures continuation of the tradition, started in 2012, that authors of an accepted TiiS article will have an opportunity to present their article at the next year’s IUI conference.
- TiiS welcomes Prof. Remco Chang of Tufts University as a new associate editor to lead the establishment of the new TiiS topic area of Information visualization and visual analytics.
- A new special issue on New Directions in Eye Gaze for Interactive Intelligent Systems has been announced, with a submission deadline of December 8th, 2014.
- With the approval of the ACM Publications Board, TiiS has established an annual TiiS Best Paper Award.
- Up-to-date information about citations of published TiiS articles is provided (with the help of Google Scholar) on this page; see the new section below.
- TiiS has a Facebook page that keeps interested persons informed about the latest news
from the journal. To have updates sent to you, you can “follow” the page:
Current and Upcoming Issues
The twelfth issue, 4(2), of ACM TiiS comprises 4 regular articles.
The next two issues, 4(3) and 4(4), each of which includes a special issue, will be appearing article by article up to September and December of 2014, respectively. The articles in these issues are being listed on the Next Issues page shortly after acceptance.
Open Special Issue Call
- New Directions in Eye Gaze for Interactive Intelligent Systems (submission by December 8th, 2014)
The most complete overview of citations of published TiiS articles can be found on the following Google Scholar page:
Here is an overview of the number of citations per article as a function of the year of publication (as of August 13th, 2014):
|Year of Publication||Average # citations per article|
Introduction to the Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems
Anthony Jameson and John Riedl
ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems, 1(1), 2011
ACM recently introduced new options for authors to manage rights and permissions for their work: a new publishing license agreement, an updated copyright transfer agreement, and a new author-pays option which allows for perpetual open access through the ACM Digital Library. For more information, visit the ACM Author Rights webpage at authors.acm.org.