The ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems
(Latest update: Friday, March 27th, 2015)
TiiS (pronounced “T double-eye S”) is an ACM journal for research about intelligent systems that people interact with.
The journal publishes articles on research concerning the design, realization, or evaluation of interactive systems that incorporate some form of machine intelligence.
- the intelligent technology,
- the interaction of users with the system, or
- both aspects at once.
Most Recent News
- TiiS is pleased to welcome as new associate editors Wai-Tat Fu and Lexing Xie, each of whom has expertise in several relevant research areas.
- A special issue on Big Personal Data in Interactive Intelligent Systems has been announced with a submission deadline of July 14th, 2015.
- The special issue on Human Interaction With Artificial Advice Givers has a submission deadline of June 23rd, 2015.
- Five recently accepted TiiS articles will be presented by their authors at the upcoming ACM Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI) (Atlanta, 29 March – 1 April), in accordance with a cooperation agreement between ACM TiiS and the IUI steering committee.
- TiiS is one of 5 AI-related journals from which authors are being invited to present their work at the “Journal Track” of the premier AI conference, the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI).
Current and Upcoming Issues
The most recent complete issue of ACM TiiS, 4(4), includes the special issue on Activity Recognition for Interaction and a regular article.
The next issue, 5(1), which will be appearing incrementally in the Digital Library, comprises five regular articles.
Articles that have been accepted for issue 5(2) are being added to the page Upcoming Articles as they are accepted.
The most complete overview of citations of published TiiS articles can be found on the following Google Scholar page:
Here is an overview of the number of citations per article as a function of the year of publication (as of January, 2015, with each editorial introduction counted as 1/2 “article”):
|Year of Publication||Average # citations per article|
Introduction to the Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems
Anthony Jameson and John Riedl
ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems, 1(1), 2011
ACM recently introduced new options for authors to manage rights and permissions for their work: a new publishing license agreement, an updated copyright transfer agreement, and a new author-pays option which allows for perpetual open access through the ACM Digital Library. For more information, visit the ACM Author Rights webpage at authors.acm.org.
TiiS has a Facebook page that keeps interested persons informed about the latest news from the journal. To have updates sent to you, you can “follow” the page: