The ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems
(Latest update: Wednesday, January 14th, 2015)
TiiS (pronounced “T double-eye S”) is an ACM journal for research about intelligent systems that people interact with.
The journal publishes articles on research concerning the design, realization, or evaluation of interactive systems that incorporate some form of machine intelligence.
- the intelligent technology,
- the interaction of users with the system, or
- both aspects at once.
Most Recent News
- TiiS is one of 5 AI-related journals from which authors are being invited to present their work at the “Journal Track” of the premier AI conference, the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI).
- Opportunity for TiiS authors to present at an ACM IUI conference: A cooperation agreement has been worked out between ACM TiiS and the steering committee of the ACM conference series on Intelligent User Interfaces. This agreement ensures continuation of the tradition, started in 2012, that authors of an accepted TiiS article will have an opportunity to present their article at the next year’s IUI conference.
- With the approval of the ACM Publications Board, TiiS has established an annual TiiS Best Paper Award.
Current and Upcoming Issues
The most recent complete issue of ACM TiiS, 4(3), comprises the special issue on Machine Learning for Multiple Modalities in Interactive Systems and Robots.
The issue currently in progress, 4(4), which has been appearing incrementally in the Digital Library, includes a regular article along with the special issue on Activity Recognition for Interaction.
Articles that have been accepted for issue 5(1) are being added to the page Upcoming Articles.
The most complete overview of citations of published TiiS articles can be found on the following Google Scholar page:
Here is an overview of the number of citations per article as a function of the year of publication (as of January, 2015, with each editorial introduction counted as 1/2 “article”):
|Year of Publication||Average # citations per article|
Introduction to the Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems
Anthony Jameson and John Riedl
ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems, 1(1), 2011
ACM recently introduced new options for authors to manage rights and permissions for their work: a new publishing license agreement, an updated copyright transfer agreement, and a new author-pays option which allows for perpetual open access through the ACM Digital Library. For more information, visit the ACM Author Rights webpage at authors.acm.org.
TiiS has a Facebook page that keeps interested persons informed about the latest news from the journal. To have updates sent to you, you can “follow” the page: