The ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems
(Latest update: Saturday, May 30th, 2015)
TiiS (pronounced “T double-eye S”) is an ACM journal for research about intelligent systems that people interact with.
The journal publishes articles on research concerning the design, realization, or evaluation of interactive systems that incorporate some form of machine intelligence.
- the intelligent technology,
- the interaction of users with the system, or
- both aspects at once.
Most Recent News
- TiiS welcomes Andreas Bulling as a new associate editor who will help to manage the increasing number of submissions concerning human visual and physical behavior modelling and related topics.
- The article recognized with the 2014 ACM TiiS Best Paper Award for 2014 is: Inferring Visualization Task Properties, User Performance, and User Cognitive Abilities From Eye Gaze Data, by Ben Steichen, Cristina Conati, and Giuseppe Carenini of the University of British Columbia. See the page on the Best Paper Award for more information.
- A special issue on Big Personal Data in Interactive Intelligent Systems has been announced with a submission deadline of July 14th, 2015.
- The special issue on Human Interaction With Artificial Advice Givers has a submission deadline of June 23rd, 2015.
Current and Upcoming Issues
The most recent complete issue of ACM TiiS, 5(1), comprises 5 regular articles.
The next issue, 5(2), which will be appearing incrementally in the Digital Library, comprises the first part of the special issue on Behavior Understanding for Arts and Entertainment, the second part of which will appear in 5(3).
The most complete overview of citations of published TiiS articles can be found on the following Google Scholar page:
Here is an overview of the number of citations per article as a function of the year of publication (as of January, 2015, with each editorial introduction counted as 1/2 “article”):
|Year of Publication||Average # citations per article|
Introduction to the Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems
Anthony Jameson and John Riedl
ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems, 1(1), 2011
ACM recently introduced new options for authors to manage rights and permissions for their work: a new publishing license agreement, an updated copyright transfer agreement, and a new author-pays option which allows for perpetual open access through the ACM Digital Library. For more information, visit the ACM Author Rights webpage at authors.acm.org.
TiiS has a Facebook page that keeps interested persons informed about the latest news from the journal. To have updates sent to you, you can “follow” the page: